Why Sports Physicals?
- Help determine whether it is safe for your child to participate in a sport
- Can provide tools to help your child play even if they have uncertain health issues
- Learn different ways of preventing injuries and how to play safely
- Recommended once a year even if not required by the sport
- CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY !!! July is a great time for a physical.
Why is exercise Important for My Child?
- Improves self confidence and sense of well-being
- Helps control weight
- Reduces blood pressure
- Lowers risk for diabetes and some cancers
How do I promote physical activity?**
- Less “screen time” –especially during the summer!
- Be physical as a family! Ride bikes (wear helmets!!), hike, swim, play soccer, etc
- Parents: Be role models for your child’s health!
**The American Heart Association recommends kids over 2 yrs have AT LEAST 60 min/day of physical activity for optimum health. What if my child is overweight or has health issues?
- Even more important to have a yearly sports physical
- They can participate too – just need to have checkups and recommendations from their doctor
- Modify activity – make it fun and part of daily life.
- Habits they form now will stay with them for a lifetime of health and happiness!
What will your sports physical entail?
- Complete history: review of any serious illnesses in your child or yourfamily, hospitalizations/surgeries, allergies, symptoms with exercise (dizziness, shortness of breath, etc), medications, etc.
- Physical examination: Check height and weight, listen to lungs/heart, check joints, muscles – a head to toe assessment!
- Discuss any questions